Sunday 20 May 2012

Punchy!

This week over at CAS-ual Friday the challenge is Punchy - to use punches, dies etc

Last week, I nipped into my local craft shop (Art of Craft in North Camp), I was looking for a specific memory box die, and they didn't quite have what I was looking for, but I managed to buy some Crafters Workshop templates instead. They were only £2, so worth experimenting with.

I sponged the Crafters Workshop template in shades of blue to make some patterned backgrounds, which I have combined with a punch, an embosslit and a quickcutz die and these are what I came up with:



As I was playing with strips of left over card, it influenced my directions. And yes, the two strips were sponged with one more pastel than the other - not my bad photography, honest. I also have a 6 x 6 sheet of numbers in sponged in yellow and sand which will turn in to a card for my nephew, so maybe I'll post that in the future. I quite like the effect, but maybe want to do something more interesting, with it. However, the weekend's come and gone and I guess that will now have to wait, as its back to work for me tomorrow :-(


5 comments:

  1. Love those scallops and butterflies! The monochromatic is beautiful! So glad you could join in the fun this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate that the weekends pass so quickly! I certainly do...love both cards. The sponging and monochromatic look is lovely. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful borders, Anna!! Love how the intricate borders and color enhance the entire design! Thanks SO much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous colours and I love the different looks you've come up with using the same layout Anna.

    ReplyDelete