Saturday 7 April 2012

Green

This week the 'Less is More challenge' week 62 is three shades of green - (http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/week-62-colour-challenge.html).

This was harder than I thought, maybe I should have stuck to leaves, but somehow that seemed the obvious answer!  Maybe I'll do something with leaves later in the week?  Anyhow here's my green card.

I didn't really like the green & khaki butterfly (although that was my starting point for this challenge), so I tried again:
I think I prefer this one - and as the grass was made up of 3 or 4 greens, maybe I've met the challenge (or maybe not quite enough white?).

My card uses SU Inspired by Nature - not sure if this was out in the UK, mine was from ebay, which was stamped in Lucky Limeade and Almost Artichoke, and I used some sage distress ink to sponge over some of the gaps to make it more greeny.  I used broken china DI sponged from the top down - because the green grass against white sky just looked wrong!  The sentiment is inkadinkado, which I love in conjunction with the green grass and blue sky.  The die is Cheery Lynn - small lace butterfly.

I'm also entering this in Samuel Taylor's April Challenge - green: http://samueltaylors.blogspot.co.uk/

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Anna :-) the grass is lovely and the butterflies are beautiful ,, I do actually prefer the khaki butterfly ,,, :-)

    Happy Easter :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the blue butterfly too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that colour of the second butterfly is more sympathetic to the rest of the colours in the card, which creates a lovely scene, but you are right, it is a little short on white space.
    What a lovely sentiment too!
    Thank you so much and Happy Easter.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not too much white space,as you say
    but a delightful card
    Tahnk you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are lovely. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Short of white space or otherwise, your card is delightful and I agree that the balance is better in the second

    Happy Easter

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards Anna, love the grasses, nearly did mine with grasses but changed my mind at the last minute. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete